Oct 26, 2014

Digital pedagogy - The Israel Ministry of Education and Matach

Last Wednesday, October 22nd I had the chance to take part in this school year's first meeting of  teachers who have a leading role in fostering Digital Pedagogy in Israel. Teachers from different areas join forces in the framework of a workshop organized joinly by The Israel Ministry of Education and Matach (The Center for Educational Technology). It is altogether  good step  in the right direction.

The idea is to advance Digital Pedagogy. I like that.

People involved in this  deal with it as part of their job. Unlike me, teachers who take part in this effort are paid for their ob as either part -time trainers / tutors of fellow teachers, or developers of training programs. As a matter o fact, I work with the Spanish as Foreign Language National Inspector without the title of "Madrich" - Tutor / Trainer, and without being on the Ministry's paid list. I do work as  developer and facilitator of  workshops in Spanish and Hebrew.

The mmeting was fine, and the workshop I will be taking part as a participant seems promising.
I like the idea that we will have a framework to share and promote things together, regardless of each specific field (I will be able to see what other people who are not language teachers do, and learn from thei ideas, projects, etc.). This sounds good.

There are a couple of facebook groups that will let us share and collaborate. Even better, there is a workshop platform that seems quite promising. It'a a Moodle platform.


I hope to see good things coming out of this effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment